Skis on Private Jets
Which type of private jets accommodate skis?
- What happens if a private jet has a mechanical and is grounded?
- When should private jets be refurbished?
- When should I hire a Boeing Business Jet?
- Are there aircraft that are wheelchair accessible?
- What does private jet owner approval mean?
- What are the disadvantages of on-demand private jet charter model?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of chartering a helicopter?
- Do I have to stop for customs when I fly on a private jet?
- What is a carbon-neutral flight?
- How long does a fuel stop for a private jet flight take?
The Citation Mustang, a four-seater aircraft, is built with a ski chute down the center of the plane. This creates a “hump” between the two seats in the back of the aircraft and on the floor, as the ski chute runs down the center of the aircraft.
Note that the Citation Mustang is the only aircraft outside of midsize jets that can carry skis. No other VLJ, light jet, or super light jet can carry them. All super midsize jets and above can accommodate skis.
Is there a limit as to how many sets of skis can fit onboard?
Yes, but that depends on the aircraft as well as if the skis come with boots and any other gear. It will vary based on the client's needs.
Often, people will rent skis from the resort. Or they'll ship skis ahead of their arrival. Rather than spend thousands of dollars for a larger aircraft that can accommodate skis, it's usually more cost-effective to mail the skis in advance.